[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie trying to set up Quattro

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 15 10:06:03 2004

If you are using Patrick Shirkey' s  dot-asound file in your home
directory you have to be careful as to which alsa device you are using.
As per .asound you might be able to issue a commands on the bash shell
like:

SNDLIB_ALSA_DEVICE="hw:1,0" sndplay foo.wav or even

SNDLIB_ALSA_DEVICE="q4" sndplay foo.wav

and provided you have PlanetCCRMA's sndutils.

Note that for instance "q4"has "hw:0,0" and "hw:1,0" alsa devices.

Once you have your alsa devices, you should be able to start jack but in
my case I was only able to do recording and playback in two channels,
stereo setup. MIDI should also work duplex mode.

  --* Juan Reyes