[PlanetCCRMA] can't record

MICHAEL LUCHTAN luchtan@cs.uga.edu
Mon Mar 15 13:58:02 2004

Hey-
Good thing that you hear your mic.  You will be able to record, things
just need to get figured out.
If you are running alsa, which it seems, then Audacity will not be easy to
get working (you must recompile the code with different libraries).
Rezound is not so easy to figure out if you've never used it before, but
it can be done.
On one of these alsa mixer programs, most notably qamix, there should be a
place to switch what input is the one that is captured.
With a soundblaster live, I would say that you have two possible inputs:
line in, and mic,
and you might not know which one you are plugged into.
Get to where you can hear the input out of the speakers, and then
open up qamix.
Try to record with Rezound.  If it does not work, change the capture input
using qamix.  Maybe the other will work.
Just a guess, hope I can help.

Michael Luchtan
http://www.cs.uga.edu/~luchtan