[PlanetCCRMA] jack problems

Oded Ben-Tal oded@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 16 09:14:02 2004

using jack I sometime get amplitude overload and some errors. (but not
always, so far I didn't notice any clue as to when/why it happens).
I'm running RH9 using mausio quattro card.
I'm starting jack with
jackstart -d alsa -d hw:1,0 -r 48000
sometime (all day yesterday for example) it works fine.
today I get:
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least {0.176...26} msecs

I'm running jack in order to use PD (which, alas, doesn't work well with
alsa on my machine). today I got significant amplitude overload in the
morning. after taking 2 hours brake starting PD and jack went fine for a
while and than I started getting load clicks and the alsa-pcm error again.
I also occasionally 'loose' the external soundcard (i.e.
/proc/asound/devices doesn't list it anymore) it doesn't happen while I'm
working on it but I noticed several times since I started using PD (and
jack) that it disappears.
any clues where to look for the little demon playing those tricks on me?

thanks
Oded