[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie trying to set up Quattro

Tue Mar 16 12:41:01 2004

> > > ...the sound comes out of the Shuttle's integrated audio!!!
> >  (The Quattro is not connected to any speakers, but it is
> > turned on, and it shows up in /proc/asound/cards). Does
> > anyone know what's going on here?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Doug Regehr
> >
> > It's probably related to what index number each sound device is given.
> > Post back your modules.conf file showing how you set up the
> > drivers for
> > each device. I'd guess the Shuttle's sound chip is device 0 and you're
> > command above is somehow mapping to device 0.

I have just added a new section to the Planet CCRMA pages that deals
with configuring multiple soundcards... it should help to get you up and
running:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installkernelandsound.html#multiplesoundcards

There are also some additional details about USB soundcards (the
previous item).
-- Fernando