[PlanetCCRMA] Need help getting CMedia / Delta 66 / Jack /Ardour working together.

Brian Jarrett bjarrett@garcoschools.org
Fri Oct 1 09:56:01 2004

> As to ardour I imagine you are creating a new session first? If you
> don't do that, you can't add anything at all. Maybe you did that the
> first time you launched it but forgot afterwards?
>
> -- Fernando

Well I got a chance to look at this more again last night.  I also realized I'm using an old version of Ardour.  It did have to do with not getting a session created correctly.  It seems it's not real clear about what it's doing when it pops up the "new session" dialog every time I launch ardour.  If I type in a name I've already used, I get nothing.  If I browse and select the specific *.ardour file  then it works.

It appears that some of this has been changed in the latest versions so I don't think I'll have an issue with it not creating tracks anymore.  Thanks for the tips that got me looking closer at what was going on when lanuching ardour.

Brian