[PlanetCCRMA] problems.

Sat Oct 2 18:35:00 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 18:15, d d wrote:
> hey my name is Dan and Ive recentl converted over to linux, away from
> the all bloated windows and over priced retail software.  But anyway,
> here is my problem.  I install apt, and replace the services list and
> do everything I am supposed to do. then I go to install the core at
> the terminal prompt, and I copied the command from the website, and it
> just hangs there.  I really want this to work because all the programs
> seem so cool.  Did I do something wrong? I am installing from the cd
> roms.  I am running Fedora 1 if that helps.

Hard to say what could be wrong. Have you fed the cdroms to the
apt-cdrom command? Check the /etc/apt/sources.list file and comment out
(prepend a # to the line) to each line with a web url so they are not
considered for the install process. There should be lines there pointing
to the cdroms...

-- Fernando