[PlanetCCRMA] usb audio, jack

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Oct 3 12:56:01 2004

hey I was wondering what sucess (or lack of) that people have been
having with usb m audio cards.  I can't get mine to work.  Whenever I
try to probe in alsaconf it locks up.  Is there a way I can manually
add my card to the list of detected sound cards? also another
question.  Will the JACK server not work until alsa is properly
configured?  Does anyone have a similar situation with usb audio
cards, any tricks?

I don't use one, but I'm sure that Jack won't work if it's not
configured properly.

What does lsmod say? Don't know if it's appropriate, but does
alsamixer work? Look on the Alsa site for info specific to your card.

- Mark