[PlanetCCRMA] usb audio, jack

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 4 08:58:03 2004

Hi Mark,

On older kernels like 2.4.24- I can get the two-ins, two-outs with
48K/16bit streams and MIDI on the Quattro. I have used this setup with
PD in real-time situations with few latency problems. Ecasound behavior
is  acceptable in four-channel output 44k/16bit situations. However Jack
is a different story. Although it starts with two channel configuration
few clients can handle it. Therefore I guess that for two channel ins
and outs plus MIDI the Quattro can perform ok but not many expectations.
Also "modules.conf" can be tricky because sometimes you don't want the
Quattro to be alsahw,0,0. Furthermore ".asoundrc" is a big issue while
using this box.

I have not tested the Quattro on newer and PlanetEdge kernels.

  --* Juan