[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma release file

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:03:00 2004

I hope this goes through even though I'm not subscribed to the list; the
subscription page doesn't want to send me a confirmation e-mail.

I'm a newbie to apt and CCRMA both, so I apologize in advance if this is
a dumb question.

I'm running FC2, with kernel 2.6.8-1. I'd like to install the CCRMA
kernel in addition.

My understanding is that the cleanest way to do that is to tell apt that
CCRMA is my preferred repository in general via /etc/apt/preferences and
something like

Package: *
Pin: release o=CCRMA
Pin-Priority: 1001

But this is only supposed to work if CCRMA is defined as an o(rigin) in
/var/state/apt/lists/ccrma.stanford.edu_planetccrma_apt_fedora_2_i386_base_release

$ head
/var/state/apt/lists/ccrma.stanford.edu_planetccrma_apt_fedora_2_i386_base_release
Origin: Unknown
Label: Unknown
Suite: Unknown
Codename: Unknown