[PlanetCCRMA] Tuning Qsynth or fluidsynth

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Fri Oct 8 00:40:02 2004

Andrew Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way of tuning Qsynth/fluidsynth?
>
> I use them both a lot but the pitches they produce are just over 1 tone
> higher on my pc than another other pc or other instrument.
>
> All the soundfonts have the same tuning, it's inconsistent with the rest
> of the world.  My system plays cd's, mp3, ogg, wav etc files at the
> correct pitch, the system clock doesn't seem to be more or less accurate
> than you would normally expect.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Is it by any chance, a mismatch between the qsynth/fluidsynth's sample
rate (default 44100Hz) and your soundcard driver? e.g. many cards nowadays
stick to 48000Hz internallly. That could be one reason why you're hearing
that pitch-tone shift, BYMMV.

Check it on each engine audio setup dialog tab.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org