[PlanetCCRMA] Tuning Qsynth or fluidsynth

Andrew Wilson djazz@myrealbox.com
Wed Oct 13 04:02:02 2004

--=-KD1WrFB+eKal+rUQp844

Rui and Mark,

Thanks for the advice.  It was indeed a mismatch between the card and
the jack/qsynth/fluidsynth rate.

It turns out that with my card I am stuck at 44100k so I will need to
make sure that everything is at 44100.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 15:38, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a way of tuning Qsynth/fluidsynth?
> >
> > I use them both a lot but the pitches they produce are just over 1 tone
> > higher on my pc than another other pc or other instrument.
> >
> > All the soundfonts have the same tuning, it's inconsistent with the rest
> > of the world.  My system plays cd's, mp3, ogg, wav etc files at the
> > correct pitch, the system clock doesn't seem to be more or less accurate
> > than you would normally expect.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >

> Is it by any chance, a mismatch between the qsynth/fluidsynth's sample
> rate (default 44100Hz) and your soundcard driver? e.g. many cards nowadays
> stick to 48000Hz internallly. That could be one reason why you're hearing
> that pitch-tone shift, BYMMV.
>
> Check it on each engine audio setup dialog tab.
>
> Cheers.

--=-KD1WrFB+eKal+rUQp844

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Rui and Mark, <BR>
<BR>
Thanks for the advice.&nbsp; It was indeed a mismatch between the card and the jack/qsynth/fluidsynth rate.<BR>
<BR>
It turns out that with my card I am stuck at 44100k so I will need to make sure that everything is at 44100.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Andrew<BR>
<BR>