[PlanetCCRMA] Hammerfall HDSP 9652 Configuration Issues

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@aol.com
Wed Oct 13 13:31:01 2004

->Well, logically, since hdspconf is an application at least one app can
switch speeds.<-

hmm.  I never thought about it that way..  good point.

 ->I'm very sure from working with Thomas on this driver
more than a year ago that at that time Jack could change it from 1X to
2X and back again, but possibly I'm mistaken. My thought is that this
is an oversight in the current versions of JAck or the current
versions of the driver. Submitting a bug report at the Alsa site would
likely get it addressed. I'm about a week away from caring and figured
I'd do it by then if I wasn't proven wrong about the limitation. I
know see that I was not. Thanks for the info!<-

It's not just jack.  Even aplay won't switch it.  If I'm running at
44.1k, and try to play a 96k file, I get this:

--------------------------
$ aplay euph.mute.S.ff.e4.wav
Playing WAVE 'euph.mute.S.ff.e4.wav' : Signed 24 bit Little Endian in
3bytes, Rate 96000 Hz, Mono
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:324:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS
failed: Device or resource busy
aplay: set_params:880: Unable to install hw params:
ACCESS:  RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S24_3LE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 24
FRAME_BITS: 24
CHANNELS: 1
RATE: 96000
PERIOD_TIME: (85333 85334)
PERIOD_SIZE: 8192
PERIOD_BYTES: 24576
PERIODS: 2
BUFFER_TIME: (170666 170667)
BUFFER_SIZE: 16384
BUFFER_BYTES: 49152
TICK_TIME: 1000

Similar problems with other applications.  It's fine once I switch it
with either amixer or in hdspconf (is hdspconf a front-end for parts of
amixer?)  No problems like this on our delta 1010 cards.

Thanks,

Matt