[PlanetCCRMA] module load - unresolved symbols?

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Sun Oct 17 14:52:01 2004

I've just upgraded my studio system from a 1GHz PIII to a 3GHz P4,
the motherboard to an ASUS P4P800SE, and my video card from an NVidia
FX5200 to an FX5700LE.  It came up just fine with the kernel from the
original configuration, a 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma kernel and the nvidia
module 1.0-6106.

When I tried running nvidia-install --update, the module compilation
failed with the following message:

-> Kernel module load error: ./usr/src/nv/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol
   smp_call_function
   ./usr/src/nv/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol smp_num_cpus
   ./usr/src/nv/nvidia.o:

It's always had to build the module before, but it's never failed like
this.  It's not a multiple CPU mobo, I've just got the one P4, so does
anyone know why it's looking for an smp symbol, and how to get around
this?

Thanks!