[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 and lowlatency

Sun Oct 17 15:02:01 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 02:43, Björn Elenfors wrote:
> I had good fun with CCRMA with my old computer (300 MHz or so) using FC1
> and the apt-get method of installing Planet CCRMA.  Due to the low
> performance of that machine, I recently upgraded to a new PC and since
> FC1 does not find the network on the motherboard, I tried FC2 and then
> once again i started apt-get using the instructions on the web side.
>
> This time, however, I cannot find the /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency "file"
>    after rebooting to the 2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma kernel. Is this
> normal?  If not, where do I start looking for the error?  Or is it
> better for me to try to get FC1 working with my hardware?

It is normal, the low latency stuff in 2.6.x is different and I have not
yet updated the "install guide" for FC2. See the comments here:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/changelog.html#latestplanetcoretwo

That has a bit of detail on how to configure things.

There are also other more recent (and less stable) kernels that have
better low latency behavior, see this:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-August/005879.html

-- Fernando