[PlanetCCRMA] ardour timing out ) ;

mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu
Wed Oct 20 21:03:01 2004

Hello all,
I've never been able to boot the low lat. kernel on my machine, and
manually patching a stock kernel fails too.  I've managed to have a decent
system (very high latency), but now ardour keeps crashing during
mixing..saying that jack shut down because ardour was too slow (jack keep
running of course). My xruns are usually very high, but the following is
after 5(18).

Jack gives the following:
alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 32.876 msecs
late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 2048.
late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 2048.
late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 3072.
subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=20, status = 0,
state = Running)
client failure: client ardour state = Running errors = 1

I'm running rh9 with blackbox on a 2.8ghz celeron, with the newest jack
and ardour (by ccrma apt).  Any advise on how I can remedy this, or should
I work really hard to get a (FC1, FC2, ?) low lat. kernel to boot?

Thanks for any advise, I hope one day my creativity can catch up to the
awsome power you've given my machine,
Mike