[PlanetCCRMA] ardour timing out ) ;

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Oct 20 21:22:01 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:02:03 -0500 (CDT), mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu
<mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've never been able to boot the low lat. kernel on my machine, and
> manually patching a stock kernel fails too.  I've managed to have a decent
> system (very high latency), but now ardour keeps crashing during
> mixing..saying that jack shut down because ardour was too slow (jack keep
> running of course). My xruns are usually very high, but the following is
> after 5(18).
>
> Jack gives the following:
> alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 32.876 msecs
> late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 2048.
> late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 2048.
> late driver wakeup: nframes to process = 3072.
> subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=20, status = 0,
> state = Running)
> client failure: client ardour state = Running errors = 1
>
> I'm running rh9 with blackbox on a 2.8ghz celeron, with the newest jack
> and ardour (by ccrma apt).  Any advise on how I can remedy this, or should
> I work really hard to get a (FC1, FC2, ?) low lat. kernel to boot?
>
> Thanks for any advise, I hope one day my creativity can catch up to the
> awsome power you've given my machine,
> Mike

Mike,
   If you're up for trying it, I have managed to get what appears ot
be a very nice kernel built on top of FC2. I think that the newest
kernels, 2.6.9 based, are going to work out pretty well when they
stabilize. If you haven't been able to boot a 2.4 Planet kernel on
this machine then it would seem that maybe going to FC2 would be a
better choice?

   What sourd of sound card are you working with.

- Mark