[PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt broken after installing ATrpms?

Tue Oct 26 11:18:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 10:21, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >Argh....
> >fftw3-3.0.1-2.fr is part of freshrpms...
> >fftw-3.0.1-6.rhfc1.at is part of atrpms...
> >
> >What is it you have installed? ("rpm -q fftw", "rpm -q fft3")
>
> fftw-2.1.5-2.rhfc1.ccrma and fftw3-3.0.1-1.rhfc1.ccrma
>
> >It is hard to know what is the root cause of the problem. That's because
> >the dependency that is causing the problem is probably in a package that
> >is not currently installed in your machine. What is the complete output
> >of the dist-upgrade? I mean, including the list of packages that are
> >going to be upgraded, erased, etc?
> >
> >One way to go, I think, is work from that list and try a:
> >  apt-get install xxx
> >where xxx is each of the packages that is going to be upgraded, to see
> >if you can isolate which one is causing the conflict.
> >

> I have pasted the full output of apt-get dist-upgrade below.  I noticed
> that fftw and fftw3 are on the list of things to be upgraded, but
> apt-get install fftw wants to remove ams

Correct, "fftw" is newer on atrpms and is what I call fftw3, if you
upgrade it ams should be removed because the older version of fftw (2)
is no longer available.

> and install fftw3 wants to
> remove freqtweak jaaa jamin pvoc and swh-plugins so I didn't go through
> with it.

This I don't understand... more thought required...

> I'm still stuck with the kde docs thing as well.  I didn't have
> /usr/sbin/themer on my system so I installed it (via apt) but running it
> didn't fix the problem.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask in the kde repository list, or browse
their web site, supposedly what you need to do is explained somewhere
there.

> [root@sherka nev]# apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Calculating Upgrade... Done
> The following packages will be upgraded
>   ImageMagick arts cdrdao cdrecord docbook-utils fedora-logos fftw fftw3
> flac
>   fltk gstreamer gstreamer-plugins gtkam kde-i18n-British kdebase kdegames
>   kdelibs libmng libmng-devel libmusicbrainz mozilla mozilla-mail
> mozilla-nspr
>   mozilla-nss opensp qt redhat-artwork redhat-menus yum20
> The following packages will be REPLACED:
>   dvdrecord (by cdrecord)
>   Geramik Hermes OpenEXR QtPixmap fftw2-single freeglut gstreamer06
>   gstreamer06-plugins hicolor-icon-theme jadetex jasper lame lcms libFLAC++2
>   libFLAC++4 libFLAC4 libFLAC6 libOggFLAC++0 libOggFLAC1 libexif-gtk libfame
>   libfame0 libidn libmusicbrainz20 libosp4 libshout libsidplay libtheora
>   libxvidcore4 mathml-fonts mjpegtools redhat-menus0 tetex-latex
> The following packages have been kept back
>   lm_sensors synaptic
> 29 upgraded, 33 newly installed, 1 replaced, 0 removed and 2 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/99.1MB of archives.
> After unpacking 64.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> Committing changes...

What do you have in /etc/apt/preferences, if anything? Most probably you
will have to use pinning to give priority to Planet CCRMA packages over
the ones at atrpms...

-- Fernando