[PlanetCCRMA] Re: apt broken after installing ATrpms?

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 26 11:36:02 2004

--HCdXmnRlPgeNBad2

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:16:55AM -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrot=
e:
> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 10:21, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> > Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > >Argh....
> > >fftw3-3.0.1-2.fr is part of freshrpms...
> > >fftw-3.0.1-6.rhfc1.at is part of atrpms...
> > >
> > >What is it you have installed? ("rpm -q fftw", "rpm -q fft3")
> >
> > fftw-2.1.5-2.rhfc1.ccrma and fftw3-3.0.1-1.rhfc1.ccrma

Nando, has anthing changed on PlanetCCRMA's side wrt to fftw packaging
and usage (is any package using fftw >=3D 3?). On ATrpms' side there has
been no change for several months now, I wonder why suddenly there are
funny things going on (and Nathaniel is not the first to share the two
repos ;).

Perhaps another repo (like fftw3 from freshrpms) has shaken the old
stable setup. I am reviewing the fftw packages (doing so anyway, as
they don't build on FC3, or even worse, they build, but fail the
tests, looks like a gcc 3.4.2 thing).

> > >It is hard to know what is the root cause of the problem. That's becau=
se
> > >the dependency that is causing the problem is probably in a package th=
at
> > >is not currently installed in your machine. What is the complete output
> > >of the dist-upgrade? I mean, including the list of packages that are
> > >going to be upgraded, erased, etc?
> > >
> > >One way to go, I think, is work from that list and try a:
> > >  apt-get install xxx
> > >where xxx is each of the packages that is going to be upgraded, to see
> > >if you can isolate which one is causing the conflict.=20
> > > =20
> > >
> > I have pasted the full output of apt-get dist-upgrade below.  I noticed=
=20
> > that fftw and fftw3 are on the list of things to be upgraded, but=20
> > apt-get install fftw wants to remove ams
>=20
> Correct, "fftw" is newer on atrpms and is what I call fftw3, if you
> upgrade it ams should be removed because the older version of fftw (2)
> is no longer available.=20
>=20
> > and install fftw3 wants to=20
> > remove freqtweak jaaa jamin pvoc and swh-plugins so I didn't go through=
=20
> > with it.
>=20
> This I don't understand... more thought required...
>=20
> > I'm still stuck with the kde docs thing as well.  I didn't have=20
> > /usr/sbin/themer on my system so I installed it (via apt) but running i=
t=20
> > didn't fix the problem.
>=20
> I'm afraid you'll have to ask in the kde repository list, or browse
> their web site, supposedly what you need to do is explained somewhere
> there.=20
>=20
> > [root@sherka nev]# apt-get dist-upgrade
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > Calculating Upgrade... Done
> > The following packages will be upgraded
> >   ImageMagick arts cdrdao cdrecord docbook-utils fedora-logos fftw fftw=
3=20
> > flac
> >   fltk gstreamer gstreamer-plugins gtkam kde-i18n-British kdebase kdega=
mes
> >   kdelibs libmng libmng-devel libmusicbrainz mozilla mozilla-mail=20
> > mozilla-nspr
> >   mozilla-nss opensp qt redhat-artwork redhat-menus yum20
> > The following packages will be REPLACED:
> >   dvdrecord (by cdrecord)
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   Geramik Hermes OpenEXR QtPixmap fftw2-single freeglut gstreamer06
> >   gstreamer06-plugins hicolor-icon-theme jadetex jasper lame lcms libFL=
AC++2