[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Matthew Allen matthew@lith.com
Thu Oct 28 15:21:02 2004

Yeah that went great and was easy.

> Second, I am running either Gentoo-2.6.9 or FC2 when I do any of this.
> I don't know what the dependencies are for jack_fst, or why
> FC1/RH9 wouldn't be enough, but time marches forward and
> developers sometimes grab stuff that's new.

I think FC2 actually comes with gtk 2.0 or greater (it comes with the
gimp 2.0 I think, which means its GTK has to be greater than 2.0) so I
don't think you had to deal with this issue.

> I would presonnally say that even if apt wants you to upgrade
> 75% of your FC1 installation, at least you are PlanetCCRMA
> based which makes it about the safest update I know how to
> do. My inclination would be to put myself in Fernando's
> capable hands and let apt or synaptic take over. I expect
> that when you've done that everything will be just fine.

I totally agree, except that the gtk and gtk devel on the planet are too
old for jack_fst and so if I want to use it I need to upgrade from
source or external rpm, and at that point I get a little worried cuz I
don't want to break my planet!

Is everyone else who has succesfully installed fst and jack_fst running
under FC2?

M.