[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Thu Oct 28 16:35:02 2004

Hi
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 04:14, Matthew Allen wrote:

>  	My question is this, how exactly are you guys running jack_fst?
> Did you do a bunch of by hand updating? Are you all running the
> expiremental FC2 stuff? I would prefer not to head down a doomed path
> here (updating everything one rpm at a time).

I neither got vstserver to work, nor vsti so I decided to try jack_fst.
As fst-1.6 refused to compile, I defaulted to fst-1.5 which compiled and
installed fine on my FC1 Planet CCRMA box. I use the *.h files from the
Steinberg 2.3 VST SDK. After that jack_fst-1.2 compiled and installed
with no hickups.

I always install rpms with yum if it is possible to avoid the
dependencies hell. Here is my gtk+ and wine listing:

localhost:~$ rpm -q gtk+ gtk+-devel wine wine-devel
gtk+-1.2.10-28.1
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-28.1
wine-20040505-1fc1winehq
wine-devel-20040505-1fc1winehq