[PlanetCCRMA] New PC - Athlon 64

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Sat Dec 3 00:57:01 2005

My poor old Athlon XP 1700+ is dying from heat prostration so I'm
planning on asking the ball and chain if I can get a new toy.  The one
that looks most promising to me is a single processor Athlon 64 3700+
system.  Has anyone played much with the Athlon 64's?  If so, do I need
to load the 32 bit version of the OS to keep it working with Planet
CCRMA or can I load the 64 bit version?  I have pretty simple needs here
- JACK, Ardour, JAMin, LADSPA, Audacity, XMMS, Xine...  Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744