[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

eviltwin69@cableone.net eviltwin69@cableone.net
Fri Dec 30 10:57:01 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:34 , 'D. R. Evans' <doc.evans@gmail.com> sent:

>On the 1010LT, the non-XLR inputs are all line-level inputs.  They are
>not designed to be connected to a guitar.
>

>Maybe that depends on the guitar?
>

>My two main guitars are high-end Taylors using the "Expression Sound
>System", and as far as I can tell they are intended to be plugged
>directly into the XLR sockets
>(http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pdf) --
>which is a 300-ohm balanced system with a "professional quality
>pre-amp", which sounds like it should work fine straight into the XLR
>inputs. It certainly seems to be working OK; I do still need to check
>the sound quality with headphones, but it sounded pretty good on my
>speakers yesterday when I got things working.

    I believe the expression system has a condenser mic in there somewhere so
it's not your standard guitar signal.  It should work fine.  In fact, anything
that has a built in preamp should work.  I wish I had a couple of Taylor's ;-)

Jan