[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 13:37:01 2005

--- eviltwin69@cableone.net wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:34 , 'D. R. Evans'
> <doc.evans@gmail.com> sent:
>

> >On the 1010LT, the non-XLR inputs are all
> line-level inputs.  They are
> >not designed to be connected to a guitar.
> >

> >Maybe that depends on the guitar?
> >

> >My two main guitars are high-end Taylors using the
> "Expression Sound
> >System", and as far as I can tell they are intended
> to be plugged
> >directly into the XLR sockets
>
>(http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pdf)
> --
> >which is a 300-ohm balanced system with a
> "professional quality
> >pre-amp", which sounds like it should work fine
> straight into the XLR
> >inputs. It certainly seems to be working OK; I do
> still need to check
> >the sound quality with headphones, but it sounded
> pretty good on my
> >speakers yesterday when I got things working.
> >

>     I believe the expression system has a condenser
> mic in there somewhere so
> it's not your standard guitar signal.  It should
> work fine.  In fact, anything
> that has a built in preamp should work.  I wish I
> had a couple of Taylor's ;-)

Distributers are happily presenting Chinese products
in western markets. Last year there were about 18
Chinese manufacturers at NAMM. I think there's about
80 registered for this year. One of the product lines
I noticed a couple years ago was guitars. I'm sure
anything being done by Taylor is being duplicated
elsewhere.

Along with duplication are pricing structures designed
to put anyone out of business that can't afford to
manufacture in China. The difference in pricing for
instruments in the range of Guitars has created a
distiction between planned purchases to impulse buys.
I don't know but imagine purchase Taylor knockoffs at
truck stops to be a possibility. Where do you think I
got my collection of velvet Elvis posters?

ron