[PlanetCCRMA] Adding new apps to the CCRMA repository

chromdildo chromdildo@t-online.de
Tue Jul 12 13:52:02 2005

Hello everyone.

I'm quite new to the list, but using CCRMA for a while now.
GREAT JOB guys! Thank you very much for your work, saving me weeks of
frustration...
Just a little question (I hope this wasn't asked thousand times before:)

What is the criteria for an app to be added to the CCRMA repository?

I would love to see these two apps at planet-ccrma:
http://www.nongnu.org/tutka/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/kmiditracker/

Is there a "feature request" form somewhere? I think some hundred
music-apps are waiting to be added ...
Just stable software? Jack related apps?

And one last thing: (this is really a FAQ, isn't it?)
How about using this wine-vst thing with CCRMA? I red all the howtos
found by google,
but getting it to (useful) work is really hard...
Any straight (FC4) tutorial how to setup? Any plans adding this can of
worms to the apt repository?

Thanks for reading.

Best regards
./chrom