[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie question re: ALSA

Sat Jul 23 15:29:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 05:41, Joe Hartley wrote:
> > Bill Bain wrote:
> > > Thanks for the reply.  Moving to Linux from WIndows
> > > hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be.
> > >
> > > Well, I Googled "Centos and Alsa" and found a site
> > > that listed RPMs for Centos.
>
> Does the Planet even support a Centos distribution?

No, not yet. The "supported distros" are listed at the beginning of the
main page. It is a close relative of Fedora Core 3 but I think not all
packages will install or work.

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale (from IRCAM) started rebuilding some of the
packages for Centos 4 but I don't know where that subproject is right
now. I should integrate his changes and try rebuilding but this will
have to wait.

-- Fernando