[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl and ardour problems

Mike Jewell msjmsj49@hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:27:02 2005

Fedora Core 3
Planet CCRMA kernel, etc.

Hi,

I just started trying to use qjackctl to control jack and manage the
connections.

When I start qjackctl,  I get:
    Warning: no locale found: /usr/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.UTF-8.qm

And then in the Messages window:
    Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay will be not
available.
    ALSA lib seq_hw.c:451:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

And when I start Ardour:
    ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
    ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
    ALSA lib seq_hw.c:451:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory
    ardour: [WARNING]: No MMC control (MIDI port "seq" not available)

And Ardour does not show up in the qjackctl "connections" window.

Are these error messages related and is the lack of the "ALSA sequencer"
(What is that anyway?) keeping Ardour from connecting with jack?

I'm not using MIDI so do I need the sequencer anyway?

Linux Audio Newbe trying to understand...      8^)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike Jewell