[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA and RAID: which way to go?

Henk Jansen henk.jansen1@tno.nl
Wed Jun 22 04:30:03 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 11:45, Steve Harris wrote:
> Digging around in the recesses of my memory, that might be because you
> need an initrd (a thing that can load certain drivers that are needed
> before kenel boot finises. Look on the web for instruction about how to
> build one, you will nee the raid and md drivers in your initrd if there
> not already.

The planetccrma distribution comes with precompiled initrd-*'s and
vmlinuz-*. Are the source codes of the planetccrma kernels available so
that I can compile them myself?

Although I'm prepared to compile them myself, I still wonder though
whether it's necessary: I get the impression from postings in the
mailing list that software RAID is not a problem for the planetccrma
kernel... (anyway, it's not a problem for my default Fedora Core 3
kernel...).

--Henk

(Sorry Steve for the duplicate mailing.)