[PlanetCCRMA] are FC4 beta testers wanted?

Mon Jun 27 10:52:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 09:28, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I have FC4 on a Thinkpad X31 updated (somewhat) to CCRMA. In particular,
> kernel-2.6.12-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma and the CCRMA alsa packages.
>
> Also tried rtirq but it hard hangs the system during boot. FYI.

Does it hang hard during rtirq's startup? There is a problem that I had
in my laptop because it is sharing interrupts between a lot of
peripherials. Ingo is aware of it but can't reproduce it, and my laptop
does not have a serial port which would make it possible to try to debug
the hang.

If that is the problem you could try to edit /etc/sysconfig/rtirq and
erase "snd" and "rtc" from the modules that get threaded interrupts. If
I do that the machine boots fine.

-- Fernando