[PlanetCCRMA] Build status

Mon Jun 27 11:01:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 06:01, Carlos Pino wrote:
>       Another small report:
>
>       Installed qjackctl, Hydrogen (prety gui on this new
> version),zynaddsubfx and vkeybd,and after a very simple check:
>
>     jack seems to work with this config :
>
>    /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p1024 -n2
>

>    I got sound from hydrogen as a normal user,but need to be root to
> make sound zynaddsubfx with vkeybd,as a normal user zynn canīt recive
> any midi data from vkeybd.I think must be something  about some dev
> permissions , I don`t know what can I do to solve it.

That sounds very strange. The connection between vkeybd and zynaddsubfx
does not depend, I think, on devices being present or on their
permissions, it is internal to the alsa sequencer. Did you try to start
qjackctl to see if both ports show up in the midi connections tab? How
did you connect them as root?

-- Fernando