[PlanetCCRMA] compatibility question

pirrone xpirrone@localnet.com
Sun May 1 20:01:01 2005

One last question in the vein of my previous posting:  Is anyone using
FC3 apps from the Planet with Fedora Core 4 Test 2?  My new computer
arrived and I'm about to begin configuring it for Linux and want to make
the best choice based on several considerations - one of which is CCRMA
useage.

I would expect backward compatibility to be a real problem, and would
not try to use FC3 apps on FC2 or FC1, but am not sure what to expect
with forward compatibility using FC3 apps on FC4.  I don't think much
would have changed in audio support and don't think the compiler and
library updates are automatic show-stoppers.  What say?

Thanks?

Frank

--
humans may reply by deleting the x from my address