[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [Alsa-user] Audio interface compatibility

Turkay Guner Turkay Guner <turkayguner@gmail.com>
Wed May 4 07:26:00 2005

------=_Part_14664_19582128.1115216716517

Woaw the news are really good, i'll be really excited when i start to recor=
d=20
with my FW Solo with all of its capacity. Now waiting for that day. Thanks=
=20
for all the developers if they read this thread...

On 5/3/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> On 03 May 2005 11:30:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 09:00, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > No - that means it's on the list. My card wason the list for a year a=
> > > least before it worked well enough for me to use every day.
> > >
> > > that said you need to check out the FreeBob project. This is the only
> > > program I know of for supporting Firewire devices under Alsa. Check
> > > out their compatibility before you do anythign requiring money.
> >
> > I saw a demo of their linux drivers in the LAC2005 conference and it wa=
> > working... but not completely. They did play soundfiles from a pc to a
> > freebob compatible interface (and they were showing several of them at
> > the conference). Anyway, if I understood correctly they are about 2 - 3
> > months away from releasing a truly working version of the drivers. Very
> > good news, I think.
> >
> > -- Fernando
> >
>=20
> Yeah, I hear on the FreeBob list that it's getting better. I think
> audio at 44K & 48K is in pretty good shape actually. There are still a
> great number of things to work on before it becomes really useful:
>=20
> 1) MIDI - there's a hack that allows some MIDI now. That's cool.
> 2) There is no configuration app like hdspconf for the HDSP line so
> you cannot change clock sources or anything like that.
> 3) No hardware monitoring. (Does this work for anyone? I'm not sure...)
>=20
> None the less it's a good accomplishment ot get this far. They are
> nicely tied in with the right 1394 developers so that's pretty cool.
> I'm excited to look at this again in a few months.
>=20
> - Mark

------=_Part_14664_19582128.1115216716517

Woaw the news are really good, i'll be really excited when i start to
record with my FW Solo with all of its capacity. Now waiting for that
necht</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:markknecht@gmail.com">markknecht@gmail.com<=
/a>
&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1=
px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"=
>On 03 May 2005 11:30:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano<br>&lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:nando@ccrma.stanford.edu">
nando@ccrma.stanford.edu</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 09:00=
, Mark Knecht wrote:<br>&gt; &gt; No - that means it's on the list. My card=
 wason the list for a year at<br>&gt; &gt; least before it worked well enou=
gh for me to use every day.
ect. This is the only<br>&gt; &gt; program I know of for supporting Firewir=
e devices under Alsa. Check<br>&gt; &gt; out their compatibility before you=
 do anythign requiring money.
nce and it was<br>&gt; working... but not completely. They did play soundfi=
les from a pc to a<br>&gt; freebob compatible interface (and they were show=
ing several of them at
2 - 3<br>&gt; months away from releasing a truly working version of the dri=
br>audio at 44K &amp; 48K is in pretty good shape actually. There are still=
 a<br>great number of things to work on before it becomes really useful:
>2) There is no configuration app like hdspconf for the HDSP line so<br>you=
 cannot change clock sources or anything like that.<br>3) No hardware monit=
oring. (Does this work for anyone? I'm not sure...)
br>nicely tied in with the right 1394 developers so that's pretty cool.<br>=
quote>
------=_Part_14664_19582128.1115216716517--