[PlanetCCRMA] package management

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Wed May 11 04:45:02 2005

--- R Parker <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So my /etc/apt/sources.list.rpmsave looks like:
> # Planet CCRMA RPM Repository for Fedora Core 3
> rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt
> fedora/3/i386 core updates
> rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt
> fedora/3/i386 planetccrma
> rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt
> fedora/3/i386 planetcore

For starters I see there's /etc/apt/sources.list.g/
with:
atrpms.list  dries.list      newrpms.list
planetccrma.list
dag.list     freshrpms.list  os.list

How do we use these other repositories and do it with
minimal risk of screwing up our systems?

I imagine that the freshrpms.list can be uncommented
and then an 'apt-get update' can be performed but will
Planet and Fresh have some of the same applications in
each repository and what about things like library
versions and such?

ron