[PlanetCCRMA] newer edge kernel on the edge (2.6.11-0.10.rdt) plus pam!

Thu May 12 15:50:02 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:39, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 10:21, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >>Hi all, another edge kernel on the edge for your tasting pleasure. This
> >>one is again released in the "planetedge" repository. Based on
> >>2.6.12-rc4 and realtime preempt 0.7.47-01 and slowly approaching the
> >>rock solid stability target of 2.6.12 (just kidding! :-).
> >>
> >>GOOD NEWS: the rtlimits patch made it to rc4!
> >>[MUNCH]
> >>So... this edge kernel does away with the realtime lsm kernel module and
> >>includes, as part of rc4, the rtlimits patch.
> >>
> >>This brings another change. Instead of loading the realtime lsm module
> >>through the rtload startup script we need to customize the pam
> >>(Pluggable Authentication Modules) package to allow access.
> >
> >Just curious, has anyone out there installed this? (kernel + pam)
> >Works here but I wonder if it does somewhere else :-)
>
> i'll give it a test run now - it won't install over my version of RC4
> will it, not witch the CCRMA kernel name?

Hmmmmm, well, probably the kernel will install and run. Oh well, I don't
know about "run". I also don't know if there are significant differences
in pam on fc4t3.... anyway, you are running a test fc4 install so if it
is messed up... :-)

But building additional kernel modules for it will probably fail due to
a mismatch of gcc versions (fc3=3.??, fc4=4.??)

-- Fernando