[PlanetCCRMA] newer edge kernel on the edge (2.6.11-0.10.rdt) plus pam!

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Thu May 12 15:59:02 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:39, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
>

>>Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>>>Just curious, has anyone out there installed this? (kernel + pam)
>>>Works here but I wonder if it does somewhere else :-)
>>>

>>i'll give it a test run now - it won't install over my version of RC4
>>will it, not witch the CCRMA kernel name?
>>

>Hmmmmm, well, probably the kernel will install and run. Oh well, I don't
>know about "run". I also don't know if there are significant differences
>in pam on fc4t3.... anyway, you are running a test fc4 install so if it
>is messed up... :-)
>
>But building additional kernel modules for it will probably fail due to
>a mismatch of gcc versions (fc3=3.??, fc4=4.??)

woops - sorry, i meant "will it install over my hand built version of
the 2.6.12RC4 kernel" ... i'm not using Fedora Core 4 (using 3) - i'm
not *that* edge-ified ;)

shayne