[PlanetCCRMA] Jackd, Too many Active Servers;

Mirco Scaramucci mircobeaker@gawab.com
Tue May 17 04:54:03 2005

Hello everybody.
I am a first timer on this list therefore I don't know much about
PlanetCCRMA issues.
But I HAVE BEEN experiencing problems starting the jackserver most of
the times I decided to download the PlanetCCRMA packages.
My aim is to be able to play MidiFiles coming from different sources
such as vanbasco's website and be able to mute certain tracks, change
tempo and key.
Unfortunately I have been really badly conditioned by the vanbasco
player and the Cakewalk/Sonar/qbasis world while using windows.
I have followed all instructions I could find on the PlanetCCRMA website
on how to start/tune and all that but even when I managed to get the
jack server to start with no problems, I could not get any playback.
(rosegarden, muse and all that)
I am using fedora core 3 with Kernel .2.6.11-1.14-FC3smp on a pentium 4
2.6Ghz 678Mb, and my sound card is a philips Dynamic edge 4.1 which uses
the C-Media CMI8738 driver.
I do not posses any external midi/audio interfaces at the moment.
All I am trying to achieve is PLAYBACK/EDITING of midi/karaoke files  in
order to suite my performances as a singer.
Everytime I have been trying to start the jack server, either through
the QJACKCTL  interface or the jackd command at console level, I have
not been able to connect server or the output of my console commands
were as follows:

[mirco@localhost ~]$ jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
jackd 0.99.36
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

too many servers already active
[mirco@localhost ~]$

Extra output was genberated by QJACKCTL that stated: PATCHBAY DEACTIVATED.

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE?

Thank you very  much

Mirco Scaramucci