Good Soundfonts? Was: [PlanetCCRMA] Tmidity Jack Support?

Aaron Slocum aaron@broskeeper.com
Tue May 24 05:25:02 2005

Michael,

Thanks for setting the record (no pun intended) straight...  My bad!

LADSPA plugins were on my 'to do' list as well as soundfonts.  I suppose
that by the word 'plugins' in the actual link I'd have had a keen sense for
the obvious!

Thanks!
Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael T D Nelson [mailto:m_nels@gmx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 4:52 AM
To: aaron@broskeeper.com
Subject: Re: Good Soundfonts? Was: [PlanetCCRMA] Tmidity Jack Support?

Aaron Slocum wrote:

>Josh,
>
>Well, I haven't gone there yet.  It has been on my to do list for a couple
>of weeks!  I'm pretty sure it came up in a discussion as a really good
>source for quality soundfonts, though.

I think you're mistaken - that looks to me like Steve Harris' website -
on the page holding releases of his LADSPA plugins. It's all good stuff
anyway.

I'm sure someone will have mentioned this previously somewhere, but...
If you're happy to be restricted from using soundfonts comercially (read
the details on the website) then you could always have a look at
http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/

They have a (nice-sounding and well-tuned!) drumkit soundfont, as well
as a few others. Some of them use a lot of memory - but that's the way
to get sampling to work well...

Hope this helps someone
Michael