[PlanetCCRMA] OT: Good Soundfonts

Josh Lawrence Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@gmail.com>
Tue May 24 06:43:01 2005

Hey everyone,

I did some research on this last night.  As it turns out, Chicken
System's Translator will convert from Akai to Soundfont formats.  A
good friend of mine has this program, so I will be trying it out to
see how well the conversion works.  There seems to be a wealth of
really, really good samples in Akai format, which of course we can't
use (no disrespect to linuxsampler, but I believe that the Akai
capabilities aren't working yet).  If we could just get them into sf2
format, fluidsynth could use them.

Has anyone else tried this (converting Akai to sf2)?  If so, what were
the results?

Thanks,

Josh

--
Bell Labs UNIX - Reach out and grep someone.