[PlanetCCRMA] SC stopped working

Mon May 30 11:32:00 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 03:10, dominic wrote:
> Supercollider has stopped working for me
>
> on using the 4 beeps example when i place the cursor on
>
> s = Server.local.boot;
>
> and evaluate line
>
> I get
>
> booting 57110
> a Server
> sh: ./scsynth: No such file or directory
> RESULT = 32512
> ERROR:
> server failed to start
>
> is this a standard error? jack is running (although i am using my laptop
> soundcard profile instead of my multiface)
>
> I am thinking i might have messed something up building SCUM

It looks like you somehow changed your preferences (or were changed?).
The location of scsynth is /usr/bin/scsynth, or just scsynth, not
"./scsynth" which will look for it in the current directory only). I
thought this would be in the supercollider options in emacs (the command
to get there is "sclang-customize") but there is no reference there to
scsynth that I can see (there is a preference for the name of the sclang
command - check that that has not been replaced with scsynth, just in
case).

-- Fernando