[PlanetCCRMA] SC stopped working

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon May 30 12:04:38 2005

On 30 May 2005 11:31:06 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> It looks like you somehow changed your preferences (or were changed?).
> The location of scsynth is /usr/bin/scsynth, or just scsynth, not
> "./scsynth" which will look for it in the current directory only). I
> thought this would be in the supercollider options in emacs (the command
> to get there is "sclang-customize") but there is no reference there to
> scsynth that I can see (there is a preference for the name of the sclang
> command - check that that has not been replaced with scsynth, just in
> case).
>
> -- Fernando

OT - Sorry

Anyone want to set up some sort of training course on SC for Planet
users? I've never made this (probably most amazing) synth do anything
useful. It seems way too hard to use. I don't know emacs. I tried some
GUI from UC Santa Barabara but it didn't seem to find things.

Anyway, it would be really cool to have a library of SC synths
available from the Planet. User contributed, etc. We could all donate
something over time if it worked. SC Mini-Moog, etc...

Sorry for the semi-hijack here. This has just been on my mind for a
while. The SC folks were interested in some basic examples being
better but I don't think they ever got around to working on it or may
I missed it.

Anyway, sorry for jumping in.

Cheers,
Mark