[PlanetCCRMA] 64-bit FC3 OK?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:21:01 2005

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I looked on the Planet site, but
didn't find a definitive answer. Maybe because it was obvious to
everyone else.

I am about to wipe the disk of an Athlon 64 3500+ machine (it's
currently running Mandriva 2006.0 x86_64, but I want to convert it to
a more audio-friendly system), and install CCRMA completely from
scratch.

The first order of business seems to be to download and burn some FC3
CDs. My question is: should I grab the x86_64 FC3 ISOs or the ordinary
32-bit FC3 ISOs?

  Doc Evans

PS Does anyone have any advice to offer on the size of disk
partitions? I have a 200GB IDE disk.