[PlanetCCRMA] Dual Monitors

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:32:03 2005

On 11/4/05, 7lb9oz Productions <viipoundproductions@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello again, I havent made any real headway in this
> area, Mark asked if I was using the ati drivers, and I
> did notice that this OS is using a "radeon" driver
> instead of the "ati" that demudi used so I will
> certainly try that.

"radeon' is the radeon driver from xorg-x11. That's normally a pretty
good driver.

I don't think ati is the best driver, but possibly it works better for
dual monitor. I don't know.

The driver from the ATI closed source package is "fglrx". It's good
for accelerated stuff.

> I am more sending this email to say that it is really
> cool to me that the first 2 replies I get are from
> Mark and Peter, as I went through an email tag
> yesterday getting all of this prepared...and it was
> you 2 guys who really REALLY helped ease my mind the
> most.  I am very glad to see both of you here.

Heck, I'm not even running the Planet distro anymore (except for my
son's machine) and I'm still here. It's a great list. Happy to help
out.

> Thanks guys, I will try some more and let you all
> know.

Have fun.