[PlanetCCRMA] can I revert?

Sun Nov 6 19:59:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 19:07 -0800, Randy Burkhardt wrote:
> Hi  My computer is hanging and I'm at "it's the motherboard" or I need
> to refresh or revert the kernel.  It's RH9 and we successfully got
> CCRMA running 3 months ago but now my computer is hanging every two
> minutes.  Can I go back to kernel-2.4.20-8.i686?  How do I do that or
> at least find and fix the "hanging" problem?
> Thanks as always

I don't know exactly which kernel you are talking about but you don't
need to "revert" anything. You can have several kernels installed at the
same time and chose which one you boot when you get the grub prompt at
startup.

To see which kernels you have available to install do:
  apt-get install kernel

To see which kernels are already installed do:
  rpm -q kernel

/boot/grub/grub.conf should have all those there, you can choose which
one to boot at startup.

-- Fernando