[PlanetCCRMA] usb soundcard ESI U2A

Thu Nov 10 14:32:02 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 01:29 +0100, simone onLInux wrote:
> ..i can t start my esi (ego-sys) u2a (usb-audio) on fedora 3, it was
> working before on demudi but i can t find  a way to make it work in
> planet ccrma fc3 . it s quite a common usb card so maybe there is
> somebody with the right hint out there i really look forward to put
> aside my windows based system ..

When you plug it in, what do you see in /var/log/messages (hint: su root
in a terminal and type "tail -f /var/log/messages" to see the messages
appear in near real time).

You can see what cards have been detected by ALSA by doing:
  cat /proc/asound/cards
and what devices are there:
  cat /proc/asound/devices

-- Fernando