[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 4 kernel 2.6.13.ccrma and RALINK wirerless card driver;

Mirco mircobeaker@gawab.com
Sat Nov 12 06:57:02 2005

Hello there.

I am having a strange problem with kernel 2.6.13 ccrma.
In order for me to be able to use my wireless connection I have to
compile and install the driver module RT2500.1.1.0.-b3 which works
perfectly even a tboot time with standard fedora  kernel 2.6.14.
I then installed kernel 2.6.13 from planetccrma as I need the low
latency in order to run all the audio applications + kernel module alsa
for it and then proceeded to install the RT2500 for the wireless card.
The module compiled and installed flawlessly and was loaded into the
kernel with no extra output.
I then proceeded to set up my wireless connection using the red-hat
network config and the computer froze completely leaving me no option
but to reset and reboot.
I rebooted once again into kernel 2.6.13 ccrma and udev loaded and setup
the audio and network but didn't proceed to boot any further freezing
once again before the graphical boot started.

Is there any way I can get this module installed into kernel 2.6.13
ccrma without incurring into these problems?

Thanks a lot

Mirco