[PlanetCCRMA] kernel patches

jfm3 jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org
Thu Nov 17 07:24:01 2005

I (still) can't seem to get the FC4 2.6.13-0.3.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma kernel to
fly on my laptop, so I'd like to go back to 2.6.12.  I'm having a hard
time finding source rpms for any of the Planet CCRMA kernels, or a
manifest of what patches Planet CCRMA kernels use over 2.6 (there's tons
of documentation for the patches we do to 2.4, but 2.6 is significantly
different).

I'm also struggling with trying to understand what setpci magic I might
need to do.  This laptop will talk to a Multiface over the Cardbus
interface, but I can't find enough documentation to understand how the
different pci latency settings interact.  Also, I can't assign IRQs to
different devices, but according to lspci a lot of them *don't have irqs
any more*?  This is so different than the last laptop I set all this up
on, it's like starting over from "what is linux?" :)  Okay, maybe not
that bad.  Is there a way to set device IRQs even when the BIOS has no
such functionality?