[PlanetCCRMA] Scripting Audacity?

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Fri Nov 18 22:47:01 2005

Rich Gomes wrote:

> Is there any way to script Audacity? I really like the way it handles
> .wav files so I don't want to use another program. But more times than
> not, I end up performing the same exact actions on multiple files. Is
> there any way to run Audacity strictly from the command line so that
> it could be scripted?
> Also, is there a way (some ripping programs do this) to see the
> commands that are being performed as you check off boxes in the GUI?

I think these would be great enhancements to add to audacity...

For example it would be nice to be able to set up a standard set of
files to export and export them.

I guess it might be possible by linking audacity with wxpython and
adding GUI items, of course command line scripting would also be nice

David