[PlanetCCRMA] Mplayer with JACK?

Michael T D Nelson m_nels@gmx.net
Sat Nov 19 09:52:01 2005

Hi all,

I've got a complete and up-to-date PlanetCCRMA install, on FC3. I have
audioapps and audiovideoapps installed.

I'm very happy with my set-up at the moment. However (as ever...) I
still have several things which I would still like to get working.

First, I have an installation of mplayer, which I installed with rpms
from somewhere-or-other. The only problem is that it doesn't include a
JACK output plugin. I believe this needs to be compiled in? It does have
an ALSA output plugin, but I have never really bothered to get this to
work. Really, I would like JACK output.

So, what is my best option? I assume it is to uninstall the current
rpm(s) and install by apt from somewhere, but which repository, and
which packages?

I am also interested in installing a collection of codecs - I have a
fairly wide range of video formats in my collection.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Michael Nelson