[PlanetCCRMA] Audigy Latency Issues

Benjamin Hardy drycellbattery@yahoo.ca
Fri Sep 2 15:55:01 2005

I'm not at my computer right now, but I've had a heck
of a time getting my computer running without xruns.
I'm running an athlon xp2600 with 1.5gig ram, ati
radeon 9200se, audigy, 200 gig hard drive, and a dvd
burner. I'm using kde 3.4 but I also have xfce 4.2,
qjackctl reports xruns on both desktops. Normally I
run rosegarden, zynaddsubfx, and hydrogen. I hook up a
yamaha usb midi keyboard too. I can't remember the
number of xruns off hand right now but it's alot, and
audio gets distorted. I vaguely remember someone
saying that an audigy card is limited to a latency
setting of 512 but it's not positive. Are there any
audigy users here that have had to really struggle to
get decent performance out it? I wish I could upgrade
to a maudio card now, but college life in Toronto
prohibits that. Oh, my mainboard allows me to have
reasonable control over my irq and pci latency
settings. My card is on irq 10 by itself and all cards
latency are set to 64.