[PlanetCCRMA] new kernel, small detail

Tue Sep 6 01:53:02 2005

Hi all, I released a new experimental kernel for fc4 and did not have time
before I left for a proper announcement (I'm at ICMC2005 in Barcelona so I
won't be following email that closely).

I finally merged the latest changes in the packaging of kernels that
Fedora has, with the side effect that there are now kernel-devel packages
that match the base kernel package. You will need to install them to be
able to compile external kernel modules. This is _only_ for this last
kernel, 2.6.13-0.3.rdt, and only on fc4 so far.

You will probably need to change this line in /etc/apt/apt.conf:
   "^kernel(-(BOOT|smp|bigmem|debug|doc|source.*)|)$";
to be like this:
   "^kernel(-(BOOT|smp|bigmem|debug|doc|devel|source.*)|)$";
(this is so that you can have multiple kernel-devel packages installed at
the same time)

-- Fernando