[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRMA on RHEL4 (was: Building lilypond on RHEL4)

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr
Tue Sep 6 08:28:01 2005

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale <Arnaud.Gomes@ircam.fr> writes:

> I have just got time to look into PlanetCCRMA again these last few
> days. I have managed to build large parts of the distribution, but
> some packages require a bit of work. I hope I will be able to sort
> most of the problems out quite fast; anyway, I will let you know.

So, I finally managed to build large parts of the Planet for CentOS 4
(should work on RHEL 4 and other clones, too). Not everything has been
built yet, and I have not really tested anything (well, almost), so if
it makes your computer explode please don't sue me.

Anyway, for anyone interested in helping with testing, I have set up
an apt repository at <http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/private/apt/>. This
repository is for testing only, it *will* disappear sooner or later,
so please don't rely on it for anything alse. The "real" Planet RPMs
are in the ccrma part, the extras part contains packages I borrowed
from other repositories (only fftw at the moment) and the SRPMS.local
and SPECS.local subdirs contain the source packages I had to modify in
order for them to build cleanly.

--
Arnaud